Sunday, April 24, 2016

Letter from a BILL GATES SCHOLAR!

"Hi Harley, Erica, and Michelle!

I hope all of you guys are doing well. I am just emailing you all to say thank you.

Harley, thank you so much for accepting me into the College Match program. It has benefited me so much from SAT classes to college visits to college applications. It made this process as first generation to go to college in my family a lot smoother. 

Erica, thank you so much for helping me with my personal statement. All the revisions, suggestions, and advice helped strengthen my essay and application. 

And thank you so much Michelle for answering my questions about the Gates scholarship and for the Bill Gates essay tips and hints. It helped me so much when I was writing all eight essays for this scholarship.

I wanted to thank you all, in this one email, because if it wasn't for all of you supporting me I probably wouldn't have been able to be a Bill Gates Scholar. I received a packet yesterday in the mail informing me that I won the scholarship. I am so lucky, blessed, and fortunate to have had all of you contribute to my college journey. All of the help and support I have received, like from you all, has helped lead up to this moment. Now I can go to college out of state, something I have dreamed of as a kid. Now I won't have a heavy financial burden on me or my parents. I can never thank you all enough. College Match has saved me, and I can never be able to thank you all enough!

I hope you have a nice rest of the day!😄☺"